Analyze the five components of emotional intelligence and their relationship to transformational leadership
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, watch the Week 4 Assignment video above with Dr. Williams G. Woods. Locate articles in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library concerning emotional intelligence and its association with transformational leadership. Further information on transformational leadership from Chapter 8 of Northouse (2018) should be used to support the assignment. Also, research transactional and situational leadership styles.
Leadership must be effective in order for teams to move toward optimal performance. Understanding culture, multiple leadership styles, and emotional intelligence can prove useful in preparing the leader to lead effective teams.
In your paper,
- Analyze the five components of emotional intelligence and their relationship to transformational leadership.
- Discuss how to use transformational leadership combined with the use of emotional intelligence to improve a situation involving teams at work.
- Distinguish between transactional, situational, and transformational leadership and the usefulness of each in impacting team performance.
- Discuss the impact of culture and ethics on the leadership of teams.
The Factors Impacting Team Leadership paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- a day ago