Week 8 Create FBI Ppt – Write My Paper Today
Signature Assignment, you will apply your profiling skills during an investigation. Imagine that you have been hired by the FBI to work as a profiler. In this assignment, put your skills to the test by developing a PowerPoint presentation that delivers your findings to the FBI agents working on the case. You may use any information you have developed from previous assignments or create new information (e.g., suspect impressions report and summary identified information pertaining to demographics, physical characteristics, possible motive). You may use that information in your Signature Assignment. However, your goal for this assignment is to ensure that use your PowerPoint presentation to conveyed to the FBI that you have developed a solid criminal profile based on the following:
- Identify the crime and crime scene in a well-organized manner (with specific details).
- Indicate any physical and emotional attributes of the suspect (e.g., height, weight, piercings, markings). Is the suspect known to “fly off the handle”, or does he/she have a history of property destruction? If so, how do you know this–who provided you with this information and are they credible?
- Identify your possible suspect and present rationale (e.g., What led you to this hypothesis? What physical or other identifying information connected the victims to the alleged suspect? What geographic considerations were factored into your hypothesis?).
- Identify information about the victims in the case. How many, were there similarities? If so, what where they? Are the victims connected to each other in some way (e.g., work, friends, school, etc.)?
- Determine the possible motivation for the criminal committing the crime (i.e., childhood history, mental illness, significant life event).
- Include any other relevant history, such as prior arrests or hospitalizations.
Be sure your presentation demonstrates that you have developed a solid theory of the suspect and that you understand the crime that was committed, as well as the victims associated with the crime and any additional information. Specifically, you must accurately define the connections that exist among your crime scene analysis, victim information, and key findings to develop your profile. The goal is to provide the FBI with the knowledge you have to help the agents solve the crime. Your presentation should include a summary that explains the crime, crime scene, and victim(s). The summary is intended to provide details that lead to your analysis; therefore, they should reflect scholarship and application of the theories learned.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as “speaker notes” for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.