You have been contracted as a human resources (HR) consultant by a limited liability company (LLC) in Wilmington, Delaware, to solve their internal issues. This U.S. LLC is a branch of a Singaporean software solutions provider with 140 employees and $1M in revenue per year. The chief executive officer (CEO) of the Singaporean organization wants to open new markets in the United States, gain access to new customers, diversify risk, leverage resources, and increase profits. To meet these goals, the CEO tasked a vice president (VP) to establish and take charge of the U.S. LLC.
Unfortunately, the VP’s efforts to replicate the parent organization’s standard operating procedures (SOP) while creating a unified culture across both units have been unsuccessful. The CEO’s vision of expanding to the U.S. market remains unfulfilled. Team members of the call center in Wilmington, Delaware, and the sales and marketing divisions of the company are unhappy about receiving conflicting feedback from the VP and the management team. Also, communication issues between U.S. and Singaporean employees are resulting in low employee morale at the U.S. branch, as indicated by the Employee Engagement Survey and exit interviews. The VP has asked you to produce a plan that can solve the conflicts in the organization. Before you start, you want to inform the VP about potential reasons why an organization fails to change and suggest ways to avoid them.
Write an email to inform the VP about some reasons for failure to change, which may influence the change readiness of the employees at the U.S. branch. Consider organization data and research material to identify reasons that are relevant for the U.S. branch of the organization.
Specifically, you must address the following criteria:
- Identify the most prevalent reasons for failure to change.
- Describe two reasons in detail.
- Cite appropriate resources from your reading to justify your answer.
- Describe two consequences of failure that can affect the U.S. branch.
- Consider the organization data in the form of Leaders’ Self-Evaluations, Employee Engagement Surveys, and Exit Interviews.
- Which data points indicate resistance to change?
- Which data points indicate readiness to change?
- Describe one professionally researched best practice to avoid failure to change.
- What are the different ways of dealing with change resistance?
- Which is the best method to avoid organizational change failure?
Guidelines for Submission
Submit a Word document using double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. This assignment should be 1–2 pages in length and include references cited in APA format.
SEE ATTACHED RESOURCES..